OverviewIn the previous few posts we installed System Center 2012 R2 Service Provider Foundation and registered it with the Windows Azure Pack admin site. Now that's complete we also need to install and register another additional System Service Center 2012 R2 component, namely Service Management Automation.
Other posts in this series are:
- Part 1 - Installing Windows Server 2012 R2 Preview
- Part 2 - Installing Windows Assessment and Deployment Toolkit 8.1 Preview
- Part 3 - Installing Virtual Machine Manager 2012 R2
- Part 4 - Installing Service Provider Foundation 2012 R2
- Part 5 - Registering Service Provider Foundation with Windows Azure Pack
- Part 6 - Installing System Management Automation
- Part 7 - Register Service Management Automation with Windows Azure Pack
System PrerequisitesHaving installed all the prerequisites for Virtual Machine Manager and Service Provider Foundation, there's still one more system feature we need to install on VASCM01 for Service Management Automation, as follows:
Add-WindowsFeature -Name "Web-Url-Auth"
We also need to create another app pool account:
New-ADUser -Name "SMAAppPool" -SamAccountName "SMAAppPool" -DisplayName "SMA App Pool Service Account" -Enabled $true -ChangePasswordAtLogon $false -AccountPassword (ConvertTo-SecureString "mypassword" -AsPlainText -force) -PasswordNeverExpires $true $admins = [ADSI]"WinNT://./Administrators,group" $admins.Psbase.Invoke("Add",([ADSI]"WinNT://VA/SMAAppPool").Path) New-ADGroup -Name "SMAAdminSiteUsers" -SamAccountName "SMAAdminSiteUsers" -GroupCategory "Security" -GroupScope "Global" -DisplayName "SMA Admin Site Users" -Path "CN=Users,DC=va,DC=local" -Description "Members of this group can access the SMA Admin Site" Add-ADGroupMember -Identity "SMAAdminSiteUsers" -Members "Domain Admins"